NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEETING
District Board of Directors
8888 Cabrillo Highway
Montara, California 94037
May 1, 2008 at 7:30 p.m.
(Closed Session begins at 5:30 p.m.)
CALL TO ORDER
ORAL COMMENTS (Items other than those on the agenda)
1. Review and Possible Action Concerning Renewal of Sprint Cellular Lease.
1. Approve Minutes for Meeting of April 3 and 17, 2008.
2. Approve Financial Statements for April 2008.
3. Approve Warrants for May 1, 2008.
4. Flow Report for March 2008.
5. Monthly Review of Current Investment Portfolio.
6. Sewer Connection Permits Applications Received.
7. Monthly Water Production Report.
8. Rain Report
1. Review and Possible Action Concerning Additional Requirements for
Sewer Connections and Future Water Service.
2. Review and Possible Action Concerning Approval of the FY 2007 Annual Audit.
3. Review and Possible Action Concerning Using Various Utility Cost
Allocations in Developing Water and Sewer Rates and Charges.
4. Review and Possible Action Concerning Support of June Ballot
Proposition 99 on Eminent Domain.
5. Review and Possible Action Concerning LAFCO Municipal Service Review
for the City of Half Moon Bay and Urban Unincorporated Midcoast.
6. Review and Possible Action Concerning Status of Phase 1 of the
Public Works Plan.
7. Review and Possible Action Concerning Status of the Local Coastal
Program (LCP) Update.
1. Review and Possible Action Concerning Approval of Task Order No. 1B
to the Agreement for Professional Engineering Services (Camp Dresser & McKee, Inc.)
2. Review and Possible Action for Letters of Interest for California
Special Districts Association (CSDA) Board Vacancy in Region 3.
3. Review and Possible Action Concerning Adoption of the San Francisco
Bay Area Integrated Regional Water Management Plan.
1. Sewer Authority Mid-Coastside Meetings (Harvey)
2. MidCoast Community Council Meeting (Slater-Carter)
3. ACWA Board of Directors Report (Ptacek)
4. CSDA Report (Slater-Carter)
5. Integrated Regional Water Management Plan (Ptacek)
6. Attorney’s Report (Schricker)
7. Directors’ Reports
8. General Manager’s Report (Heldmaier)
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL–EXISTING LITIGATION
(Government Code §54956.9(a))
Names of cases:
(i) Montara Water and Sanitary District v. Dow Chemical Company, et al.,
San Bernardino Cnty. Super. Crt. Judicial Council Coordinated Proceeding No. 4435
(ii) Montara Water and Sanitary District v. County of San Mateo, Clara Cnty. Super. Crt. No. 1-07-CV-088793
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL—ANTICIPATED
Initiation of Litigation Gov’t. Code §54956.9(c)
Number of cases: 2
PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT (Gov. C. §54957)
Title: Assistant General Manager
Next Resolution: No. 1418; Next Ordinance: No. 155.
The District has a curfew of 11:00 p.m. for all meetings. The meeting may be extended for one hour by vote of the Board.
PARTICIPATION BY TELECONFERENCE
The following Director will participate by teleconference in all or a portion of the
meeting of the Board, including Closed Session, from the following locations:
Director Bob Ptacek – 3426 S 58th Court, Cicero, Ill 60608.
Video by Scott Boyd and the Board of MWSD. It is not copyrighted.