I’m posting this again since the county has upgraded their web code to allow these meetings to play within Montara Fog’s site.
Video courtesy of San Mateo County
San Mateo’s Charter Review Committee has just posted the video of their April 7th meeting online. You can access the video by clicking here.
The Charter Review Committee is a sort of periodic constitutional convention for San Mateo County. Its recommendations must be approved by the county’s Board of Supervisors in order to take effect.
The next meeting will take place on April 21th in Menlo Park at 5:30 pm. You can see the full schedule here.
Agenda for April 7th meeting:
1. Call to Order and Roll Call
2. Setting of the Agenda
3. Approval of Minutes of Meeting of March 23, 2010
4. Oral Communications and Public Comment
(If your subject is not on the agenda, the Chair will recognize you at this time. Speakers are customarily
limited to three minutes, subject to the discretion of the Chair based on the number of agenda items to be
considered and the number of speakers. A speaker’s slip is required.)
5. Interim Report by Subcommittee reviewing Charter provision 203 relating to filling
vacancies on the Board of Supervisors, and related requests for information. (Subtopics: (1)
Process for Filling Vacancies; (2) Rules and Restrictions on Appointees) (No action will be
taken with regard to this topic; it will be discussion only.)
6. Further Discussion of Charter provision 202 relating to Board of Supervisors Elections –At
large versus District and related requests for information. (Direction may be given to staff
but no final action will be taken with regard to this topic.)
7. Review of additional data requests for staff for future meetings
8. Written Communications Received by the Charter Review Committee