San Mateo County Supervisor Don Horsley addressed a crowd of over one hundred residents tonight at Farallone View Elementary laying out his plan to save Moss Beach Park and to put it under proper management in the future.
Horsley’s Plan, in short:
1) San Mateo County exercises its right to cancel the sale of Moss Beach Park to Pacifica developer Mike O’Connell.
2) The non-profit Coastside Preservation and Recreation re-forms under new leadership and re-assumes ownership of the park.
3) The $8,000 tax bill is paid from non-County sources.
4) Coastside Preservation and Recreation votes to give the park to the County.
5) The County Board of Supervisors vote to change their policy concerning park, allowing the County to own and operate “pocket parks.”
6) The County accepts the offer from Coastside Preservation and Recreation of the park, and maintains Moss Beach Park into perpetuity.
Timeline: Taxes paid by September 16, transfer of property completed by the end of the year.
For the details, here’s the video of the meeting, about fifty minutes long.
Click image to play video.