[Update: The Half Moon Bay Review posted on their discussion board that they contacted the vet and there has only been a single poisoning case. The Facebook post which announced the problem has been deleted.]
From Bill Bechtell of Montaradogs.com:
I just received this message from Jackie West’s Facebook page. Jackie is a vet tech at Linda Mar Veterinary Clinic. I will try to find out more details, but in the meantime you might want to avoid taking your dog to Mavericks.
Just a heads up to all HMB people — we have had multiple clients that have come in to my veterinary clinic that have dogs that got into some kind of poison whose common connection is Mavericks. There is something out there that is poisonous to dogs. These dog present with foaming at the mouth, bleeding gums and some are dying from this. One of our doctors is currently trying to contact the Harbor Patrol. Please pass the word and keep an eye out.